Friday, 17 June 2016

1BeM Has (Almost) Left The Building...

We made it! It has been a real pleasure (most of the time) to spend every day with your lovely children. Ida and I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you for your unwavering support, enthusiasm and sense of fun. We feel there is a genuine sense of community in the class and, even though the children are not all in the same class next year, we hope many of your friendships continue long into the future. 


1BeM is a special place to be and it is going to be strange very strange for me to step out of the classroom and into an office (although I am not planning on spending too much time sitting at a desk!). The children have already promised me that they will come back and visit from time to time to let us know how they are getting on over the bridge. 


The Final Word

"I felt so happy in G1 because all my friends are with me. My favourite thing was Forest Adventure because it was fun. I was proud of all my Writing Workshop work because I did lots of great writing pieces. In G2, I'm looking forward to going to the zoo camp." Scarlett

"I had a good time. My friends played with me every day. I am proud of myself. My learning has gone up, not down...and it's kind of fun to write now!" Felix

"We all had a great time in G1 and got to do cool anf fantastic things together with Mr. Morley and our teachers. I was proud when we had the Swim Gala because you had to do races in the water and I did a good job. I'm looking forward to another sleepover in G2 and going on the iPads again." Walter


"I feel a little bit nervous because G2 is going to be different. I think I learned a lot of things this year. My favourite thing was the Kuma trip because when I help people, they feel happy and I feel happy too...in my tummy." Apple

"I love doing P.E. in G1 because I like sports and gymnastics...and the activities. I am really proud of my Maths because I got better at it. I also love reading now...I feel proud about the whole year in G1! I am looking forward to sleeping at the zoo in G2 because it will be exciting." Alex

"If I could do a star rating for G1, it would probably be 1000! We get to do so many things that I like...Maths, Music, Writing Workshop, Mystery Reader and Friday Funny. I am proud too because we lots of Service. That's my favourite part actually." Priscilla


"I loved our sleepover because it was super fun. We got to watch a movie and eat popcorn and different food...like seaweed and cookies. I'm looking forward to having another sleepover at the zoo next year. I am really proud that I did Forest Adventure because I have never done it before. I feel sad to be leaving G1 but happy Mr. Morley will be Vice Principal." Matilda

"I loved everything in G1. Everything! I am really proud of my listening because now I concentrate a lot more than I used to. I feel awesome about G1 because I've made lots of friends. I am looking forward to G2 as well because we get to do stuff on our own MacBook." Amelie

"I made more friends than K1 and K2 because I am not a bit shy now. I learned that you don't always have to be right and you can sometimes learn from your mistakes. I wish I could stay in G1 but I also want to be in G2." Aahan


"I feel that G1 was an amazing year because I learned lots of cool things, like in "Life Links" and "Light and Sound." I am much better at Maths now too. That's very true! I made better friends in 1BeM and I like them a lot. I'll miss G1 and I'm excited for G2." Rihaan

"My best moment was the Arts Festival because we got to act on stage and wear black and white. I am really proud of my writing now. I am adding more dialogue to it too and it is really great. I am looking forward to seeing my new teacher again in G2." Ayana

"My favourite bit of G1 is Maths because I want to learn all the stuff like my sister. I am better at taking writing risks now too. In K2, I just wrote three sentences and then give up but now I write a lot. I think I made a lot of friends and I hope I get more in G2. I kind of like my new class and that's good. I'm also proud how much Service we've done because we are giving joy to other people." Miko


"I'm proud of my Maths because, in August, I didn't know that much questions but now I know lots. I a still improving my writing and it is much, much better now. I made new friends in 1BeM and they are very kind. I think they will be my friends forever! I have very much favourite things in 1BeM but our sleepover was my number one!" Ava

"As a learner, I have improved in my writing skills, trying to make my stories come to life by adding more dialogue. I really enjoyed my time in G1 because I discovered that I am a risk-taker when I did the Forest Adventure trip. I feel more confident going to G2 and am looking forward to it!" Sam

"My favourite bit in G1 is Maths because I can count much faster when I use my skills that I have learnt in class. I enjoyed doing the sleepover because that was the only time when I can sleep in school with my whole class and teachers." Noah


"My best memory in G1 was the sleepover because it was my birthday and we all had yummy cupcakes! I feel proud of my writing as it has definitely gone up! I am really happy being in G1 because I have made a lot of new friends. I am still going to be their friends even if we are all not in the same class in G2." Leo

"My favourite bit in G1 was the sleepover and Forest Adventure. It was really fun and I enjoyed it! I am more confident now and ready for new challenges. I am going to miss G1 because I like all my friends and my teachers are nice and funny! I enjoyed doing all our Maths rotations because I like the different counting methods that I learnt." Toby

"I had an awesome year in G1 because I had lots of great friends and amazing teachers and we did wonderful things together! I really enjoyed doing my Reading and Writing Workshop. I can now read more fluently with expression and I can write longer sentences in my stories. I’m going to miss G1 and I’m very excited for G2!" Zara


"My favourite bit was the sleepover because I get to watch a movie and sleep with my friends and teachers. I really enjoyed doing Maths because it was fun and I can use my learning skills in the real world. I feel happy to move on to G2 but I will miss IBeM!" Willem

"My favourite moments in G1were the sleepover because it was fun and exciting...and Forest Adventure it was challenging and it actually felt good to be up high. I'm proud of all the Writing Workshop I did. I used more dialogue and interesting words. I am also proud of having such amazing friends. I have grown as a learner because now I can skip count and I can add up bigger numbers. I am excited about the Zoo Camp in G2 and to be in the Junior School. I'm nervous about getting lost." Eva

"I really enjoyed Writing Workshop because I like to write stories and publish. I have learnt so much from August to now and I have improved so much. I made good friends this year and some of them will come with me to G2...and I can make new friends too." Vihaan


(Rina to come!)


Have a safe and restful break with family and friends. Do not forget our class party on Monday at 12.25pm in the classroom...followed by Lola's infamous disco in the Infant Hall! Until next time...

Ben and Ida :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment